Friday, December 11, 2020

Christmas In The Dining Room

I couldn't wait to start decorating for Christmas this year. I have been taking some design classes online and I have been binge watching one of my favorite decorators. After like a bazillion Christmas videos I was ready. I did not start in the dining room out of respect for Mister who wanted it to still look Thanksgiving-y for the turkey dinner. 

I obliged but I had plans and once the turkey was put away I got busy! 

Remember the fireplace we built last year? While it was centered on the largest wall space in the room, it is not centered in the room because of doorways which bothers me at times because I LOVE symmetry. It has been cause for contention over the years between me and Mister. He eyeballs things and I pull out the measuring tape.

 Symmetry doesn't work so well in this case so I embraced asymmetry. 

The garland falls heavy to the left in an attempt to balance the room. 





The table is dressed for dinner. I like having it ready for unexpected guests. The crystal and silverware was my great-grandmother's. It seems a shame to save it for only one day a year so this way I get to enjoy it a bit longer and it becomes part of the decoration.  

A table runner and two garlands down the center of the table becomes the centerpiece. One garland is frosted evergreen, the other is sparkly, thin glitter. Battery operated fairy lights are woven into the garlands. Nestle in candles for ambiance-or just cuz it's pretty. 








Friend, my prayer is that you are blessed by those who are around your table this month. I am praying that as you gather, big or small that your hearts are secure in knowing that God is control of all the things that seem so chaotic right now. On the eve of what was to be a gut-wrenching, life ending immediate future, Jesus sat down to dine with his friends and they were at peace.

That is the same peace I am praying for you and me this year.

Joining these parties: Ducks N A Row, Follow The Yellow Brick Home, A Stroll Thru Life, Finding Silver Pennies, Love My Little Cottage, Pieced Pastimes, My Wee Abode, My Girlish Whims, Zucchini Sisters, Across The Blvd, Linda's Lunacy, April J Harris, Create With Joy, Imparting Grace, Shabby Art Boutique, The Pin Junkie, Jenerally Informed, Stone Cottage Adventures, Katherine's Corner, The Cottage Market, Our Hopeful Home, Finding Silver Pennies


11 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful home and your dining room decor is a delight. Love the mantel and the way you have decorated to one side, stunning. I truly hope that you too are blessed by by those around your table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

      Delete
  2. I love a beautiful table. Even more lovely than your table and mantel decor (that looks wonderful), your sentiment is ever so sweet. I received that, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you a joyful and peaceful Christmas. Thank you for spending time and for the kindness.

      Delete
  3. Jolena, it all looks absolutely gorgeous! I especially like your mantle and fireplace. What a beautiful room to celebrate Christmas in! Sharing on the Hearth and Soul Link Party page. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you for the kindness and for sharing! Merry Christmas to you, also!

      Delete
  4. It's all beautiful! Love the mantel asymmetry. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    XO- MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for spending time with me today and for the kindness. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  5. Your dining room is absolutely lovely! Love that you can use family heirloom glasses. I think a fireplace adds so much to a room (we built a faux fireplace for our bedroom) and yours is beautiful. Hope you and your family have a warm and blessed Christmas. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the party and for the visit, Kathleen. Warm wishes for a blessed Christmas, to you also!

      Delete
  6. Your dining room looks so lovely Jolena and the asymmetrical garland is absolutely perfect for that mantel. Such a serene room for Christmas.
    Thank you for sharing your Christmas dining room at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring it at tomorrow's party (it's a day early this week) and pinning too.
    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas,
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete