Thursday, November 4, 2021

Quick Tip To Fill A Vase

 Don't you just love the pictures of beautiful mantels or tables with a vase full of perfectly placed flowers or some tall sprigs spraying out from the top? Me too! 

But when I tried to get that look it ended up looking like this:


Wha-wha.

As a young woman, I worked in a florist shop in Denver, Colorado and my boss was great. She taught me how to make corsages, small arrangements and how to fill a vase... 

Somehow, over time, I had forgotten that I possessed that information until this happened!

This is how to fix it:

A florist will use florist tape (green, stretchy tape) to make a grid pattern on the top of the vase. This grid pattern will hold your blooms/greens in place. (New info to me-it comes in different colors now.)

I found these images online.

(Source)

(Source)

I didn't have any florist tape on hand so I used painter's tape. I doesn't matter because the vase is on the mantle and you won't see the uglies. 


I was only using 2 sprigs so I didn't need to make multiple holes.


Now you can put the stems in. They won't flop to the side but stay where you put them. 



Maybe someone out there needed the reminder, like me or perhaps this in new information for you. Either way, happy decorating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment