Monday, October 3, 2022

Autumn Decorating- Kitchen & Dining Room 2022

Well! It is October already! 

How did that happen? I was ready for fall this year (believe it or not). By the second week in September I had all my summer stuff packed away and all my fall stuff down and sorted into what I planned to use for this year. 

Tip: You don't have to use everything you have every year. 

Tip: If you've grown tired of something used in previous years leave it packed away. If you find that you haven't used it for several consecutive years (3 is a good number) only then considering passing it on to someone else. Often times I find a new way to use something old or find that I do miss it after not seeing it for a while. 





Notice I do not have any of the blue pumpkins here that I used last year. They were packed back away for another time in the future. 

I love the designer blogs and instagram accounts that show all white pumpkins and accessories. Everything looks so tidy and pretty. I just can't bring myself to make that leap. There are certain pieces that MUST be used so a little color does factor in this year. 

I started in the kitchen with the beverage center where my floating shelf is.
Everything comes down, that shelf and counter top get a good cleaning. Some of the staples will stay like the cream and sugar, coffee filters, coffee and tea pots. 






The fireplace was next. I started with the leaves, chalkboard and pumpkins.






Add some twinkle lights while I am thinking about what to put on the chalkboard...






Getting closer. At this point I started looking for ideas online. And, I decided to change the logs in the fireplace. 

Tip: Take pictures along the way. Often times the mistakes or things that aren't working will show up better in the photo than while you're standing there looking at it.
 






Notice that the order of the pumpkins changed a bit as did the candles. When I looked at the photo I could see what looked a bit off to me and adjusted. The fire looks a lot better, I think. 
I freehanded that and the thankful piece referencing photos I had taken or found online.

On the dining table I opted for my woven jute runner and an old breadboard that has been used in several rooms in my home over the years. This year I used it to corral a small gathering of pumpkins and candles.





Chunky orange candles were added after looking at it for a while. 







One of my grandmother's paintings was added to the front of the plate rack. 






Ready for entertaining! Well, almost. I moved on to the living room next but I will save that for the next time you stop by. I am so glad you dropped in today. Hope you found some inspiration.

Happy Fall! 
Happy Decorating! 



Linking up to these parties: 

.

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful ideas. I love your chalkboard! Your post will be featured at Thursday Favorite Things today. :)

    ReplyDelete