Thursday, May 5, 2016

Un-do Pressure

It has been more than two years since I started this blog! When you write a blog you have this thing inside pushing you to get stuff done so that you have something to write about. I imagine that I am not the only blogger that feels like this. (It makes me feel better to think there are others like me.) I can justify a week with nothing to write about but I feel guilty the whole time. I have not yet opened my blog to advertisers so I have no responsibility there but I don't want people who read my blog to loose interest. I realize that those words can sound incredibly vain and conceited. I struggle with thinking people are waiting for the next blog post. I know there are several blogs I follow and often I don't look at their latest posts because I don't have time. I don't want to take you for granted, either, thinking you will come back around when I have something to say. Ugh! This is the mind of a Type-A  Personality.

I have been busy around the house but just have not completed anything! This week we have been busy preparing for a graduation ceremony that will take place next month. My middle child will be finishing her high school career. It seems like not too long ago that I sat with her on her first school bus ride. She was going to kindergarten and she was excited for it. 

1st day of school.

The year was long and short. Here, kindergartners attended school half the day except one day a week when they were there the full day. I hated her being away all day! I will never forget the day that I completely forgot what time the bus came and I was not home when she was to be dropped off. I had to pick her up at the school. She looked so sad. This was surely the most unforgivable mistake ever and I felt awful. Since then it has been a constant stream of goofs and bumbles by mom. I have often said that I think I have learned more from them than they have learned from me. When kindergarten was done we brought her home and have homeschooled ever since. We are not finished yet but we are working on it.


Another project started and not finished is the stairs going to the bedrooms. For 13 years they have squeaked and bent as you walked up or down them. Mister has been working to sure them up and we are in the process of repainting them and lightening up the entry way. Oh, and the vinyl flooring glued down was removed, too. The hardwood continued under it. We assumed someone had covered it because it must have been horribly damaged but it is not. There is still some glue to get off so that is not a finished project either.

New entryway color and wood floors! 

And, because I am a loon, I decided that I was tired of looking at my sad attempt of a gallery wall in the living room. I took everything off the wall and laid it all out on the floor, editing and adding, rearranging and questioning my sanity.  It is almost done but not quite so I don't want to post pictures yet. There are two spots that are driving me a little loopy and I haven't figured them out yet.


So, this post is full of un-finished projects and great expectations (at least for me) of what the future will bring.

I don't think I am the only diy-er out there has four or five pans on the fire, at least I hope I am not the only one. Most women I know have at least five projects of some sort going on in their lives. I want to encourage you to press on and change it if it is not working for you. If you're like me and the projects are your homes-take as much time as you need to get it the way you want it. By design, God has made us keepers of the home and it is only natural for us to want to make them beautiful and comfortable. It is where we serve in our most important ministry,  our family.

I hope you will continue to be patient with me. I will be sure to write individual posts as the projects get done. There are literally thousands of other blogs you could be reading right now with pretty pictures of finished projects so thank you for spending time with me.

Linking up to these parties:
Embark On The Journey

2 comments:

  1. Please don't apologize for no entertaining anyone! I will read your blog anyway (: And, I'm not going to monetize mine, either. I think that the pressure of creating and photographing and writing to deadline would drive me batty! I write for anyone who cares to take a peek, and hopefully, my kids will see a journal of our lives - what we did, what we ate...what their mom and dad tried to create at home. Whenever I see one of your posts pop up in my reader, I will be back, never fear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. We toy with the idea of opening the blog up to advertisers but so far we have not put the time into really exploring that or considering the ramifications. I do not want to have to change the way I write or what I write about. God knows and I am waiting on Him.... and juggling several projects...

      Delete