Monday, September 16, 2019

Using My Noodle

A couple years ago when we replaced the horsehair plaster in the living room part of the fun (and incentive to live through the mess) was that I got to pick new curtains. It was a struggle because I am not a grommet girl but I wasn't finding anything I liked or could afford that wasn't grommet top. I also have an issue with tap tops. I don't like it when the spacing is uneven! I drives me a little bonkers. The curtains in my living room are there only as decoration. We do not close them. So....how do they become uneven?


Nobody seems to know. It is one of the great mysteries of life. I am convinced that it is the same person who empties the last roll of toilet paper in the bathroom, though. For years I lived with two other children I still have yet to meet- Not Me and I Don't Know. They would eat all the cookies, drink the last soda, spill and forget to clean up... I have had conversation with other moms and they have similar children living in their homes that they have never seen.

Anyway. I lived with these curtains constantly being messed up long enough. What can a girl do to keep from going bonkers? .... And that's when I decided to use my noodle!

Yup, I purchased noodles from the dollar store.


I removed the stickers and cut the noodle lengthwise.


Next I cut each noodle into 2 inch sections making cuffs that will slip onto the curtain rod.


Armed with my noodle cuffs I slipped one behind each fold on the rod.



And, ta-da! Evenly spaced, non-squished, flat-free folds on the rods. I have not had to readjust them since I installed the noodle cuffs so apparently they are doing double duty as a repellent to the mischievous Not Me and I Don't Know. Sometimes the littlest things can make me so happy!


Two things I realized after I was finished with my little project:

1) pick noodles the color of your curtains or be prepared to paint the sides of the ones that will show a bit from the side.

2) You could probably do the same thing for free using empty paper towel rolls.

Party On At These Blogs:
Ducks N A Row, Our Home Away From Home, Life With Lorelai, The Pin Junkie, Katherine's Corner

No comments:

Post a Comment