Wednesday, August 6, 2014

2014 Half Bath and Laundry Room Reveal

We have been moving painfully slow! I know, I know. I remember when the plumber told me the he would see me in a couple months and I thought "Ha, we are no amateurs!" Of course, if took every bit of time that he had predicted and now here we are at the "end" of matters and still we can't seem to get quite finished. Mr. FixIt has worked harder than anyone on this project. An hour drive to work every morning, a full day's worth of work, another hour (most times longer) drive home leaves him beat but he manages to put some time in almost every night. Last night he finished the bathroom. This morning I got to dress it and take pictures. I definitely got the better end of the deal on that!

Found the wreath in a 2nd hand store. Added some shells
with my glue gun.

I love the way this turned out!

We made a three-sided box to conceal the water lines. The
wood was from the damaged top that we could not salvage.


Love my Dash & Albert rug!

Our vanity is not exactly like the inspiration over at Miss Mustard Seed but that is the beauty of something being an inspiration. I started out wanting something just like Miss Mustard Seed's but am so happy with what we found and what we did with it.

Again, the inspiration was helpful but didn't follow it identically.


Detergent packets and dryer sheets.




A piece of my copycat art work will end up on the wall in here,
I think. It needs to be dusted off and a few "bubbles" need to be
replaced first.






With the exception of my marble fish needing to be hung and a small shelf that Mr. had built me a about 13 years ago my bathroom/laundry room is D-O-N-E! I am no rush to put holes in the beautiful drywall. I do have a small table that I want to work in near the door but that is a project for another day. For all intents and purposes this one is checked off the list as done! Yay!

4 comments:

  1. It's inspiring how you got through this project, with all the extra effort that it must’ve entailed to do them all by yourselves. Plumbing is always going to be hard work, even if you have had experience with it beforehand. But it can be quite rewarding to finish a project, especially if you managed to do everything without any professional help. Anyway, I hope you’re very satisfied with how it turned out. Good day!

    Roxanne Vaughn @ Total PLBG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit, Roxanne. We are very happy with the results and I am a little proud about what we did accomplish. A friend who used to be a builder helped us replace the sill and some joists and we did hire out the electrical and plumbing to be sure to meet code. In our state it is a must to have a permit for each thing; construction, electrical and plumbing. Then each respective inspector has to sign off on the work done to be sure it was done to a certain standard. So glad that you found our project inspiring. That inspires me to do more projects and write about them. Hope you have a very blessed day!

      Delete
  2. All of your makeovers are beautiful and your dresser turned vanity is fantastic! Great job, Jolena! (and hubby)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Larissa! I find much inspiration by other bloggers, like yourself!

      Delete